Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Safe : Illustration Friday


This week's challenge was almost another last minute thing for me. I finished this one a bit sooner than the last one I completed. This was sort of a combination of two ideas....I started with one idea, that didn't seem to go the way I wanted....then it turned into another idea......and then it ended up being a blend of the two. Yes.......you are seeing things correctly.....it IS a baby in the womb with a flashlight and blanket...LOL.
I decided to go with graphite this week. I also decided to create a separate blog for the IF work, so this is the first one posted to the new blog.

Fae

9 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Larry Lee said...

LOL. How much safer can you be? A flashlight, a blanket, and a womb to yourself.
That won't be a comfortable delivery. (Like any of them are)!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jana Bouc said...

That's amazing drawing and brilliant concept. Sadly it made me think of the preparedness instructions the government put out when they started issuing orange alerts and yellow alerts--with the flashlight and blankets and duct tape and all that.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Lin said...

INCREDIBLE!!! Love the sketch and the subject treatment!!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Nicolette said...

What a great drawing! You really did an amazing job. Definitely looks cozy.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Kevin Cromwell said...

Cool. Though, there should be a comicbook to read in there too. Nine months is a long time.

:)=

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger faeorain said...

Doh!! I knew I forgot something! :)

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger flossy-p said...

It's quirky, i love it! (cool how the blanket is tartan)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger ° said...

great penicl drawing

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger arvindh said...

Didnt know you were back in a separate blog! Great work here. Love your sense of humour! Looking forward to seeing more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home